Gothenburg Jr/Sr High School Bulletin for Friday, September 23, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022:
● 9:00 A.M.: Girls District Golf at Cambridge (Cross Creek Golf Course)
○ Leave at 6:15 A.M.
● 3:00 P.M.: C9 Sub-District Softball Home (vs. Minden, Cozad, Southern Valley/Alma)
● 4:30 P.M.: 7th & 8th Volleyball Home vs. Cozad (7th-north gym, 8th-south gym)
● 6:00 P.M.: JV Football Home vs. Cozad
● 6:00 P.M.: 9th Volleyball at North Platte HS
○ Leave at 4:30 P.M.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022:
● 4:00 P.M.: JV/Varsity Volleyball Triangular at Valentine (vs. Ogallala and Valentine)
○ Dismiss at 12:15 P.M. Leave at 12:45 P.M.
● 4:30 P.M.: JH Football at Broken Bow (8th at 4:30, 7th at 6:30)
○ Dismiss at 2:00 P.M. Leave at 2:15 P.M.
Wednesday, October 5, 2022:
● 2:30 P.M. Dismissal (All Students)
● FFA Southwest Region Land Judging
Thursday, October 6, 2022:
● 4:00 P.M.: JH/JV/Varsity SWC Cross Country Invite at Minden
○ Dismiss at 12:00 P.M. Leave at 12:30 P.M.
● 5:00/6:00/7:00 P.M.: Reserve/JV/Varsity Volleyball at McCook
○ Dismiss at 2:30 P.M. Leave at 2:45 P.M.
● 5:00 P.M.: 8th Volleyball Home vs. Hershey (south gym)
Friday, October 7, 2022:
● TBD: Softball District Final at TBD
● 7:00 P.M.: Varsity Football at Holdrege
○ Leave at 4:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 8, 2022:
● TBD: Softball District Final at TBD
* FCA bonfire and hayrack ride Sunday, October 9th from 4-7pm Meet in the school parking lot! All jr. and sr. high students welcome. Wear tennis shoes!
* There will be an informational meeting for Science Olympiads on Thursday, October 6th in Mrs. Rubenthaler's room during Swede Foundations. Please plan to attend this meeting if you have an interest in being a part of Science Olympiads this year. See Mrs. Rubenthaler or Mrs. Tiller with questions.
* Teachers and students just a reminder that planners are required any time you are leaving the classroom. Thanks!
* High quiz bowl team: A reminder that practice starts this Friday at 7:00 a.m. in Mrs. Moore's room. Please be early to help set up.
* The first FFA in Fresh Seasons will be held on Saturday, October 22. If any FFA members are interested in helping please contact Emma Peterson as soon as possible. You will get points for helping!
* For the softball game on Saturday we are going to CHALK THE WALK starting at 8:30. Chalk will be provided and softball dads are doing the tailgating with breakfast burritos and coffee / hot chocolate for everyone that comes to help chalk. Anyone can Come!!
* Reminder that all flu shot clinic forms need to be returned to the High School office by Friday October 7th by the end of day. If you need another form please see Ginny. The clinic will be on October 14th.
* Hey, Swedes! Wanna see the Big Apple? A few Broadway shows? Iconic New York City attractions? Join Mrs. Long and Mrs. Feather Thursday, October 13, at 6:30pm in the PAC for an informational meeting -- they will share all the details and fundraisers (some have already started, so get in on the goods)! If you are unable to attend but want more information, stop by the media center.
* There will be a meeting for the newly elected Junior Class officers and Prom Committee Leader on Thursday, October 6th at 7:15 in Mrs. Baker's room.
October 7th: ADAM SANDLER
* Students in grades 9-12 who are bringing an out-of-town or out-of-school date to the Homecoming dance can sign up their guest in the media center. Please take a form to be completed by your date and his/her school administrator and return it by September 29. Questions? See Mrs. Long or Mrs. Meisinger.
* Happy Homecoming Week! Voting for this year's king and queen is now open -- students in grades 9-12 should check their school email for the ballot. Be sure to cast your vote by the end of the day Thursday!
It's Spirit Week! Remember there are prizes each day for the "best dressed" -- it could be you!!!
Thursday is the traditional Color Day, with each grade wearing their class color -- seniors will wear black, juniors white, sophomores blue, freshmen red, 7th and 8th grades yellow, and staff wear TIE DYE.
On Friday, show your EXTREME SWEDE PRIDE – don’t hold back! We want to see everything SWEDE!
Crowning of our Homecoming king and queen will occur right after the football game next Friday night and the dance will follow in the elementary gym. Admission is $5 per person and the attire is semi-formal, so no hats and no jeans are allowed. Don't forget to sign up your out-of-town and out-of-school dates in the media center! Forms must be returned by 3:30 on Thursday, so plan accordingly! All Homecoming activities are sponsored by the GHS Student Council.
* Students please take note that all detentions have to be served by Friday morning in order to attend the Homecoming Dance.
* Congratulations to the Homecoming Conidates: Emily Cornwell Kara Waskowiak Jada Rubalcava Sean Meints Kia Jorgenson Jake Burge