Gothenburg Jr/Sr High School Bulletin for Monday, September 19, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022:
● 9:00 A.M.: Girls District Golf at Cambridge (Cross Creek Golf Course)
○ Leave at 6:15 A.M.
● 3:00 P.M.: C9 Sub-District Softball Home (vs. Minden, Cozad, Southern Valley/Alma)
● 4:30 P.M.: 7th & 8th Volleyball Home vs. Cozad (7th-north gym, 8th-south gym)
● 6:00 P.M.: JV Football Home vs. Cozad
● 6:00 P.M.: 9th Volleyball at North Platte HS
○ Leave at 4:30 P.M.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022:
● 4:00 P.M.: JV/Varsity Volleyball Triangular at Valentine (vs. Ogallala and Valentine)
○ Dismiss at 12:15 P.M. Leave at 12:45 P.M.
● 4:30 P.M.: JH Football at Broken Bow (8th at 4:30, 7th at 6:30)
○ Dismiss at 2:00 P.M. Leave at 2:15 P.M.
Wednesday, October 5, 2022:
● 2:30 P.M. Dismissal (All Students)
● FFA Southwest Region Land Judging
Thursday, October 6, 2022:
● 4:00 P.M.: JH/JV/Varsity SWC Cross Country Invite at Minden
○ Dismiss at 12:00 P.M. Leave at 12:30 P.M.
● 5:00/6:00/7:00 P.M.: Reserve/JV/Varsity Volleyball at McCook
○ Dismiss at 2:30 P.M. Leave at 2:45 P.M.
● 5:00 P.M.: 8th Volleyball Home vs. Hershey (south gym)
Friday, October 7, 2022:
● TBD: Softball District Final at TBD
● 7:00 P.M.: Varsity Football at Holdrege
○ Leave at 4:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 8, 2022:
● TBD: Softball District Final at TBD
* FCA bonfire and hayrack ride Sunday, October 9th from 4-7pm Meet in the school parking lot! All jr. and sr. high students welcome. Wear tennis shoes!
* There will be an informational meeting for Science Olympiads on Thursday, October 6th in Mrs. Rubenthaler's room during Swede Foundations. Please plan to attend this meeting if you have an interest in being a part of Science Olympiads this year. See Mrs. Rubenthaler or Mrs. Tiller with questions.
* Teachers and students just a reminder that planners are required any time you are leaving the classroom. Thanks!
* High quiz bowl team: A reminder that practice starts this Friday at 7:00 a.m. in Mrs. Moore's room. Please be early to help set up.
* The first FFA in Fresh Seasons will be held on Saturday, October 22. If any FFA members are interested in helping please contact Emma Peterson as soon as possible. You will get points for helping!
* For the softball game on Saturday we are going to CHALK THE WALK starting at 8:30. Chalk will be provided and softball dads are doing the tailgating with breakfast burritos and coffee / hot chocolate for everyone that comes to help chalk. Anyone can Come!!
* Reminder that all flu shot clinic forms need to be returned to the High School office by Friday October 7th by the end of day. If you need another form please see Ginny. The clinic will be on October 14th.
* Hey, Swedes! Wanna see the Big Apple? A few Broadway shows? Iconic New York City attractions? Join Mrs. Long and Mrs. Feather Thursday, October 13, at 6:30pm in the PAC for an informational meeting -- they will share all the details and fundraisers (some have already started, so get in on the goods)! If you are unable to attend but want more information, stop by the media center.
* There will be a meeting for the newly elected Junior Class officers and Prom Committee Leader on Thursday, October 6th at 7:15 in Mrs. Baker's room.
* Voting is now open for this year's Homecoming candidates! Students in grades 9-12 were emailed ballots to select three king candidates and three queen candidates -- finalists will be announced at an assembly Thursday during Swede Foundations, which will include information on next week's Spirit Days and other Homecoming festivities. Ballots will close at 2:30 on Wednesday, so make your vote count and submit your choices before then!
* Students in grades 9-12 who are bringing an out-of-town or out-of-school date to the Homecoming dance can sign up their guest in the media center. Please take a form to be completed by your date and his/her school administrator and return it by September 29. Questions? See Mrs. Long or Mrs. Meisinger.
October 7th: ADAM SANDLER
* FFA members- if you are wanting to be a part of the Healthy Lifestyles committee there will be a meeting during access on on September 20th in Mr. Negleys room. This committee is in charge of the turkey trot, backpack program, and FFA in Fresh Seasons. If you aren't able to come to the meeting but want to be a part of the committee please contact Emma Peterson or Emily Cornwell.
* There will be an FFA personal growth committee meeting on Wednesday, September 21 in Negley’s room during access. This committee helps better FFA members as an individual and helps one another to stay organized. They will help with SAEs, workshops, record books & more.
* Attention FFA members! The Economic Development committee will be meeting on Tuesday the 20th in Mr. Negley's room during access. That is 7:45am. This committee is responsible for planning the clothes, Food, and coin drives.
* On Friday, September 23, there will be an agricultural literacy committee at 7:45 am in Mr. Negley´s room. If you have any questions please contact Emily Cornwell.
* The chapter recruitment committee that was previously planned has been changed to after school Wednesday in Mrs. Mosel's room. This will be a brief meeting discussing topic ideas. If you have any questions contact Ashlyn.
* FFA members! The Human Resources committee will be holding their second meeting on Thursday the 22 at 7:45 in the ag rooms. We hope to see you there!
* Are you interested in helping with Feed the Farmer? Then, show up at the FFA Stakeholder Engagement meeting on Thursday morning (9/22) at 7:45 in the AG shop to discuss this opportunity and other ideas! If you have any questions, contact Braeden Anderson!